The Phaser 3300MFP Multifunction Product Service Manual is the primary document used for repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the printer.
Use this manual as your primary resource for understanding the operational characteristics of the printer and all available options. This manual describes specifications, theory, and the diagnosis and repair of problems occurring in the print engine and attached options. Also included are detailed replacement procedures, parts lists, and wiring diagrams.
The Xerox Phaser 3300 Multifunction Product Service Manual contains these sections:
Introductory, Safety, and Regulatory Information: This contains important safety information and regulatory requirements;
1. General Information: This contains an overview of the machine's operation, configuration, specifications, and consumables;
2. Theory of Operation: This contains detailed functional information on the print engine, scanner, and fax components;
3. Error Codes and Messages: This provides detailed troubleshooting procedures for error messages and jam error codes displayed on the Control Panel display or on the CWIS status page;
4. General Troubleshooting: This explains the operation of Tech Mode, and includes troubleshooting methods for situations where an error indicator is not available;
5. Print-Quality Troubleshooting: This focuses on techniques to correct image quality problems associated with the Xerox Phaser 3300 output;
6. Adjustments and Calibrations: This provides procedures for the adjustment of the print engine components;
7. Cleaning and Maintenance: This provides periodic cleaning procedures for the machine, and procedures for upgrading system firmware;
8. Service Parts Disassembly: This contains removal procedures for spare parts listed in the Parts List. A replacement procedure is included when necessary;
9. Parts List: This contains exploded views of the print engine, scanner, and optional Field Replaceable Units (FRUs), as well as part numbers for orderable parts;
10. Wiring Diagrams: This contains wiring diagrams for the Xerox Phaser 3300;
Appendix A - Reference: This provides an illustration of the machine's Control Panel menu structure, and a list of acronyms and abbreviations.