Xerox Phaser 6500 / WorkCentre 6505. Service Manual
Warning. The following service manual is for use by qualified service personnel only. To avoid personal injury, do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instructions, unless you are qualified to do so.
The Xerox Phaser 6500 / WorkCentre 6505 Service Manual is the primary document used for repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the printer. Use this manual as your primary resource for understanding the operational characteristics of the printer and all available options. This manual describes specifications, theory, and the diagnosis and repair of problems occurring in the printer and attached options. Also included are detailed replacement procedures, parts lists, and wiring diagrams.
The Phaser 6500 / WorkCentre 6505 Service Manual contains these sections:
Introductory, Safety, and Regulatory Information - This section contains important safety information and regulatory requirements);
1. General Information - This section contains an overview of the printer’s operation, configuration, specifications, and consumables;
2. Theory of Operation - This section contains detailed operational information on the print engine components;
3. Error Codes and Messages - This section provides detailed troubleshooting procedures for error messages and codes generated by resident diagnostics;
4. General Troubleshooting - Troubleshooting covers the operation of Power On Self Test (POST) and Service Diagnostics. In addition, this section includes troubleshooting methods for situations where an error indicator is not available;
5. Print-Quality Troubleshooting - This section focuses on techniques to correct image quality problems associated with printer output;
6. Adjustments and Calibrations -This section provides procedures for the adjustment of print engine components;
7. Cleaning and Maintenance - This section provides periodic cleaning procedures for the printer;
8. Service Parts Disassembly - This section contains removal procedures for spare parts listed in the Parts List. A replacement procedure is included when necessary;
9. Parts List - This section contains exploded views of the print engine and optional Field Replaceable Units (FRUs), as well as part numbers for orderable parts;
10. Wiring - This section contains the plug/jack locations and wiring diagrams for the printer;
Reference - This section provides an illustration of the printer’s menu structure, printer firmware update instructions, and a list of acronyms and abbreviations.
Download Xerox Phaser 6500 / WorkCentre 6505. Service Manual